Saturday, August 23, 2014

It Begins

Yes, school is here, ladies! Whether we like it or not, it has arrived. Some of you I'm sure are still in school, while others of you may have children starting school. Whatever the case, summer is over and it's time to get back to work.
This is me. I didn't actually take this on the first day of school; I forgot, hehehe. Fortunately, my second-day outfit worked just as well. Since my lovely friend CJ cut my hair short last March (and my mother has so kindly continued to trim it for me) I've been wearing headbands and scarves a LOT. They're so much fun! I like this scarf; it's colourful and unusual, and it draws just a little bit of attention. Do you wear scarves? Do you have a different favourite type of accessory? Tell me about it!
With school comes a big personal challenge for me: how to walk openly with God when public school and the people around me are often pushing the opposite. It always has been and always will be a challenge, and as the year progresses I'll probably look into that a little more. Right now, I would appreciate your prayers for myself and all of the students and teachers who are trying to shine a light in a public school system desperately trying to extinguish it. Pray that God will give us the strength to battle temptation and the courage to stand up for the Truth and tell people why we refuse to compromise.
“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.” -1 Peter 3:15

Have a great week, guys! I'll keep praying for all of you as well!



~Sheridan

2 comments:

  1. Hi, honey!

    I promised to catch up with you at your blog spot as soon as my kiddos were back at school! It's great to see you growing in the Lord here! Keep shining and growing in beauty and God's wisdom! I'm so proud of you and the leap of faith you are taking in blogging for the glory of the Lord. Your courage and conviction in Christ is remarkable and truly Spirit driven!

    Love in Christ,
    Christy Ingold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I went back and forth for a long time before posting the pictures of myself. It was the influence of a friend who told me the first picture was utterly ridiculous that finally convinced me to do it; he bet me that I would never actually post something like that online. :)

    ReplyDelete